April 25, 2007

Update: Middio creator responded

We had written about Middio three days back. We had accused them and TechCrunch for promoting piracy. Jake Jarvis, creator of Middio has responded saying that they index only legal videos uploaded by music companies. This is what he had to say:
"I created Middio, so I just wanted to clear this up: Middio only indexes music videos lawfully uploaded to YouTube by recording companies like UMG, Sony BMG, Interscope, etc. Not one video included in our database was uploaded unauthorized."
Thanks Jake. Lets see how it works. All the best.

Update 2: 25th April Evening India Time:

Jake had been super fast to send me an invitation to Middio as I requested him. As he had claimed, the site has been indexing only legal songs, as far as I browsed. It seems to be a cool site to hang hangout.

We will review it again once the interface becomes rich and it becomes available for public access.